Sustainable Jewelry Manufacturer
Our Sustainability policy
Basic Jewelry has revised our Sustainable Business Development policy in harmony with current Environmental and Social aspects addressing key issues related to sustainability throughout the supply chain. We have a genuine ambition and fully committed to be an environmentally conscious company and to uphold sustainability in the jewelry industry. We are constantly looking for ways, big and small, to adapt and change to sustainable practices in every segment in our company; aiming to avoid or lessen social, environmental, economic, cultural and political harm.
1. Sustainable Materials
Precious metals used in our manufacturing process are responsibly sourced and conflict-free.
- Our Silver and Gold Metal Refinery supplier is accredited on the LBMA (Responsible Gold Guidance and Responsible Silver Guidance for Good Delivery Refiners) List and compliant with the RGG (Multi-metal Combined Responsible Gold Guidance). The certificate imply that the refiners follow the regulations to combat systematic or widespread abuses of human rights, to avoid contributing to conflict and to comply with high standards to anti-money laundering (AML) and combating terrorist financing (CTF) practice.
- Recycled Gold and Silver: Over the last decade, we have offered our customers a choice of recycled gold and silver as Recycled Jewelry is better for the environment for the reason that it does not require mining and the use of cyanide solvents as metal scraps from production can be recycled and refined back to pure Silver.
- Conflict-Free Diamond and other materials: We are committed to ensure high ethical standards in our sourcing of diamonds and other materials used in our jewelry. We work exclusively with our long-term trusted suppliers who guarantee ethical sources of our materials including chains, findings, and stones. We are also offering Lab-Grown Diamonds which is certainly produced without the environmental and humanitarian catastrophes. Our closed-loop production process allows us to maintain sustainability across our supply chain. We are also offering a certified diamond service upon request by sending diamonds to Gemological Institute of America (GIA) Bangkok to get certified with an additional cost.
- Basic Jewelry meets the European Union’s REACH (Restriction, Evaluation, and Authorization of Chemicals) regulation, which aims to restrict hazardous substances such as nickel, lead, and cadmium in all parts of jewelry that could reasonably be accessed by the end consumers, and ultimately reduce the amount of harmful chemicals in the environment.
2. Ethical and sustainable work practices
We give back to workers by way of fair wages and safe working environments as we follow though compliance with laws and social norms both internally and internationally. All our employees have registered an account under the Social Security Act with the objective of providing coverage for fund members under certain conditions. The coverages include: Sickness, Maternity, Disability, Child Allowance, Unemployment, Old Age and Death. We follow the government regulations labor work providing quality, health and safety environment, which we concern and respecting fair human rights. The regulation covered
- Workers Involvement and Protection
- The rights of Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining
- No Discrimination
- Fair Remuneration
- Decent Working Hours
- Occupational Health and Safety
- No Child Labor
- No Precarious Employment
- Protection of the Environment
- Ethical Business Behavior
3. Creating responsible Jewelry
3.1. Quality not Quantity
Our company visions is to create jewelry that is:
- Lustrous High quality with local technique
- Long Lasting
- Honest pricing
Our silver jewelry is made of 92.5% pure silver and plated with Rhodium for added reinforcement and longevity. We enhance skilled manufacturing and offer minor and major repair services (including re-plating) at a fair-price charge for our clients to restore the pieces to new, and thus can be sold and passed down through the generations.
3.2 Made to Order
We produce our handcrafted jewelry on demand to avoid excess product from being created causing unnecessary stock. In order to ensure sustainable consumption of resources and with our Fine Jewelry Collection. We make our best effort to create our gold jewelry in small batches to effectively minimizing waste.